THE POOL IS OPEN!
We are excited to announce that our pools will begin opening for lap swim on Tuesday, April 27th!
Reservations are required for lap swim, please make your reservations via our app or in the “Reserve A Spot” section on the schedules page of our website.
You can download our app here:
We Are Opening Our Pools in Phases:
Pools Currently Open
- Collins & Katz Family YMCA
- Culver-Palms Family YMCA
- North Valley Family YMCA
- Pasadena-Sierra Madre YMCA
- San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA
- Torrance South Bay Family YMCA
- West Valley Family YMCA
- Westchester Family YMCA
Pools Opening Monday, May 10
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA
- East Valley Family YMCA
- Ketchum-Downtown YMCA
- Mid Valley Family YMCA
- Montebello-Commerce YMCA
- Weingart YMCA Wellness and Aquatic Center
Pools Opening Monday, June 7
- Wilmington Family YMCA
Opening Monday, June 21
- Gardena-Carson Family YMCA
- Southeast-Rio Vista Family YMCA
- South Pasadena-San Marino Family YMCA
When You Return, You'll Notice Some Changes
- Our facilities are currently limited to 50% capacity
- Our indoor pools are open for lap swim and swim lessons. Lap swim reservations are required and can be made on our app and on the schedules page of our website. Two swimmers maximum per lap lane.
- All members will have their temperature taken and asked wellness questions upon entry
- Masks are required at all times (except in the pool)
- Our equipment is spaced further apart to allow for physical distancing
- Hand and equipment sanitation stations have been installed in our fitness areas and we have hand sanitizer available at the membership desk and at select areas in the branch - please make sure to wipe down the equipment before and after use
- Outdoor group exercise classes are available
- Lockers rooms and showers are available for use - physical distancing is still required
- Saunas, steam rooms and spas remain closed due to the inability to maintain adequate physical distancing. We are planning on opening saunas, steam rooms and spas on June 15th.
- There are updated waiver forms for members to sign upon their return. (Select a language to review & sign: English | Spanish | Korean)
All Y branches and child-care sites are deep cleaned nightly. In addition, throughout the day, on a regular basis we are disinfecting all high-touch surfaces such as hand-rails, elevator buttons, door handles, counters and gym equipment.
UPDATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
If your membership is currently on hold, we will not resume billing until your branch reopens. If you'd like to extend your hold or place your membership on hold, please click here.
REOPENING SCHEDULE BY BRANCH
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Collins & Katz Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Culver-Palms Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- East Valley Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- North Valley Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Ketchum-Downtown YMCA (View branch hours)
- Mid Valley Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Montebello-Commerce YMCA (View branch hours)
- Palisades-Malibu YMCA (View branch hours)
- Pasadena-Sierra Madre YMCA (View branch hours)
- San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA (View branch hours)
- South Pasadena San Marino YMCA (View branch hours)
- Torrance–South Bay YMCA (View branch hours)
- Weingart YMCA Wellness & Aquatic Center (View branch hours)
- Westchester Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- West Valley Family YMCA (View branch hours)
- Wilmington YMCA (View branch hours)
June 21, 2021
- Gardena-Carson Family YMCA
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA
- Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA – we are currently renovating the lobby of this branch and it will reopen upon project completion later in 2021.
The Hollywood YMCA is undergoing a significant renovation project. When we reopen (currently targeting Q2, 2022) members will enjoy a new entry area, locker rooms, and upgrades to our fitness rooms and equipment throughout the facility.
TO BE DETERMINED
- Downey Family YMCA
- Santa Anita Family YMCA
- Santa Clarita Family YMCA
STATE GYM REOPENING ROADMAP
The information detailed below provides an overview of the State of California’s and Los Angeles County’s gym reopening guidelines.
Currently, due to case counts and other tracking data, our activities are restricted to the following:
Yellow Tier: (Current Status in LA County)
- Indoor with modifications
- Capacity must be limited to 50%
- Indoor pools, hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms can open
- Climbing walls can open
- Personal training is available
- Indoors and outdoor group exercise classes are available