Before your little ones walk into a classroom, you are their first teacher. Through this Caregiver & Child class, you will have a safe, fun place to play, explore, and learn through songs, stories, and family activities with your children.
Who can participate?
Children ages 0-5 years old & their adult caregivers. Caregivers can be anybody of legal age-parent, aunt or uncle, older brother or sister, grandparent, neighbor, or even nanny.
What to expect:
- Meet twice a week
- Your child can play with other children
- Classes are offered in English and Spanish with the exception of the Crenshaw location. Classes at Crenshaw are available in English only.
- Discover how to help your child learn and be ready for school
- Meet other caregivers of young children
- Access resources that will help you and your family
What is the cost?
This program is provided at no charge; a membership is not required.
How to register:
Visit a participating YMCA location during normal operating hours. Our membership team will be happy to register you. You do not need to bring any documentation. An enrollment packet must be completed on or by the child’s first day of participation. You will receive the enrollment packet when you register.
Branches offering Early Learning Readiness (ELR):
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA
- Crenshaw Family YMCA
- Gardena-Carson Family YMCA
- East Valley Family YMCA
- Mid Valley Family YMCA
- Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA at Wiley Canyon Elementary School YMCA bungalow
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA
- Weingart East Lost Angeles YMCA (Branch)
- Weingart YMCA Wellness & Aquatic Center
- Wilmington YMCA
This program is provided to the community, free of charge, thanks to the generosity of the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and The David & Lucile Packard Foundation.