As the largest provider of swim lessons in Los Angeles, the Y has swim lessons for every age and ability. Choose from weekday, weekend or evening classes for youth and adults. If you prefer, we also offer private lessons!
2021 Swim Lesson Schedule:
|Session:||Session Dates:||Member Registration Opens:||General Registration Opens:|
|Summer II||Jul 26 - Aug 29||July 12||July 19|
|Fall I||Aug 30 - Oct 3||August 16||August 23|
|Fall II||Oct 4 - Nov 7||September 30||September 27|
|Holiday||Nov 8 - Dec 19||October 25||November 1|
Branches Offering Swim Lessons:
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA
- Collins & Katz Family YMCA
- Culver-Palms Family YMCA
- East Valley Family YMCA
- Gardena-Carson Family YMCA
- Ketchum-Downtown YMCA
- Mid Valley Family YMCA
- Montebello-Commerce YMCA
- North Valley Family YMCA
- Pasadena-Sierra Madre YMCA
- San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA
- South Pasadena San Marino YMCA
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA
- Weingart YMCA Wellness & Aquatic Center
- Torrance-South Bay YMCA
- West Valley Family YMCA
- Westchester Family YMCA
- Wilmington YMCA
COVID Safety Protocols:
- Vaccinated participants do not need to wear face masks. Unvaccinated participants over 2 are required to wear masks as all times except when in the pool.
- Parent/guardian is required to participate in the beginner level swim lessons to assist their child during the lesson.
- Instructors remain on the pool deck for the lesson.
- Please arrive on time, dressed in a swim suit and ready to swim.
- Please bring your towel, goggles, swim caps and water.
- All instructional equipment (noodles, kick boards, etc.) is disinfected before and after use.