As 2023 comes to a close, we are thrilled to share the impact we have made together at the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles. The support of our community members, volunteers, and staff has been instrumental in transforming the well-being of our community throughout the year.
Together we have strengthened the foundation of our communities — through our 27 branches, 3 camps, and 190 program sites — with the focus on youth development, healthy living, and social impact.
We are proud of what we accomplished as the center for community well-being across Los Angeles. A few of our highlights from this year:
- Nearly 20,000 youth participated in sports programs through the LA Y.
- Our dedication and commitment to LA’s youth saw tremendous growth this year. The LA Y was there for our students serving over 15,000 teens including 3,000 free memberships through our Get Summer initiative.
- We helped 135,674 members live a healthier lifestyle through our exercise classes, training, and programs.
- Over 5 million pounds of produce and 500,000 meals were distributed throughout LA County supporting families facing food insecurity.
- We had a fun-filled summer hosting 27,000 students in our summer day camps across LA County.
- Through our social impact department, the LA Y facilitated over 350 citizenship applications and helped educate over 10,000 neighbors. We administered over 500 vaccinations helping protect our community from flu, COVID, and monkeypox.
- Our 11,000 dedicated volunteers across LA County contributed over 88,000 hours of service transforming the lives of Angelenos with their selfless service.
As the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles steps into 2024, we embrace the boundless potential for positivity, growth, and joy. Together, we stand as the center for community well-being.