The LA Y has partnered with Alinea Medical Imaging to provide FREE mammography screenings at the following LA Y locations:
- Mid Valley Family YMCA - 1/7
- Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA - 1/13, 1/25, 2/11, 2/24
- Montebello-Commerce YMCA - 1/15
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA - 1/16, 2/1
- Anderson Munger Family YMCA - 1/20
- Hollywood YMCA - 1/21
- Collins & Katz Family YMCA - 2/2
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA - 2/16
- Weingart YMCA Wellness & Aquatic Center - 2/17
- Crenshaw Family YMCA - 2/23
- Wilmington YMCA - 2/25
Screenings take place from 9:00a - 4:00p, only take 15 minutes, and a referral to a medical profession for follow-up care is also provided.
All COVID safety protocols are being followed.
Some important information:
- Cancer Screenings have gone down drastically since March of 2020. In fact, screening Mammography is down 87% versus the same time last year
- Up to 60,000 women with breast cancer have failed to be diagnosed since March due to lack of screening (IQVIA Data)
- Our company has conducted more than 17,000 mobile mammograms across multiple states during the same timeframe, with no reported incidents of compromised patient or staff safety
Even though COVID-19 is a major concern...
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- Breast cancer has a 98% survival rate when detected at an early stage