The YMCA and IBM SkillsBuild have joined forces to help students enter the workforce with industry credentials and classes. By signing up for SkillsBuild, YMCA teens gain access to a range of benefits, including both tech and non-tech courses:
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: SkillsBuild offers badges and certifications that are recognized by the industry. These credentials validate the skills and knowledge acquired by students, increasing their employability.
- Career Readiness: The platform provides comprehensive courses and resources designed to enhance career readiness. Teens can develop essential skills such as communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking, which are highly valued in the job market.
- Tech and Non-Tech Focus: SkillsBuild caters not only to the tech and IT industry but also offers non-tech and professional development courses. This wider range of options allows students to explore different areas of interest and broaden their skill set.
- Access to Industry-Level Courses: YMCA teens can access industry-level courses that offer practical insights and real-world scenarios, preparing them for the challenges of various professional fields.
- Flexibility and Convenience: SkillsBuild is an online platform, allowing teens to learn at their own pace and convenience. They can access the courses and resources anytime, anywhere, making it easier to balance their studies and other commitments.
By leveraging the benefits of SkillsBuild, YMCA teens can strengthen their profile, gain industry-relevant skills, and improve their chances of successfully entering various fields of work."