Welcome to the Y! We are pleased to offer a quality child care experience to your child on campus at their school. YMCA before & after school programs makes the most out of the school day! Kids get the chance to play, learn, & hang out with friends in a fun environment led by our highly-trained staff.
The benefits of YMCA Licensed School-Age Child Care:
- High quality & well-trained staff members who possess college units/coursework in Child Development & School-Age specialties. All staff members are Infant, Child and Adult CPR, Basic First Aid, Preventative Health & Safety, AED & Basic Water Rescue certified.
- Clean, Safe, Secure, Licensed & Accredited facilities/programs. Low ratios, with one staff member for every 12-14 children.
- Implementation of SCALED Learning™ (STEM, Career-Connected Learning, Art, Literacy, Education, Diversity & Global Learning.
- Financial Assistance available for qualifying families. We accept 3rd Party funding (MAOF, CCRC, Connections for Children, Crystal Stairs, Children’s Home Society, Pathways, Child Care Aware, DCFS, etc.)
We look forward to welcoming children and families back for a new school year.
SCALED Learning™ helps kids grow in the classroom and out in the world through engaging in STEM, hands-on arts, literacy, career-connected learning, diversity and global education, social development, and fun!
The Y is offering before and after school child care options at multiple schools and school districts across Los Angeles County. Programs are detailed by branch. Select a branch below and enroll today!
- Antelope Valley Family YMCA
- Culver-Palms Family YMCA
- Downey Family YMCA
- East Valley Family YMCA
- Mid Valley Family YMCA
- North Valley Family YMCA
- Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA
- Torrance-South Bay YMCA
- West Valley Family YMCA
- Westchester Family YMCA
You may be eligible for our FREE School-Age Academic Recovery After School/Saturday Tutoring & Enrichment Program
In partnership with the City of Los Angeles, the YMCA is offering free, income-eligible, in-person academic recovery after school and Saturday tutoring/enrichment programs for School-Age children at 16 of our branches located in the City of Los Angeles. More details will be available soon.
In the meantime, to see if your family is eligible for this free program, download and complete the FEEDLA Intake Application Form (English | Spanish). You may submit the form via email to DistanceLearning@ymcaLA.org or drop it off at any participating LA Y location.
Program Closures & Cancellations Due to Low Enrollment: COVID-19 has presented some unique challenges. As the YMCA works to revive its child care, before/after school, recreational enrichment, distance learning and day camp programs, it is important that YMCA programs remain viable so that the programs can continue to operate. The YMCA reserves the right to close and cancel any program that is not meeting its minimum enrollment requirements. If a program to close, either temporarily or permanently, the YMCA will make every attempt to notify the parent, guardian or authorized representative as soon as possible so that other arrangements can be made.
Programs and for general questions, comments, concerns or inquiries, please email us at ChildCare@ymcaLA.org.
For any questions, comments, concerns or inquiries regarding your account, our financial policies, subsidized 3rd Party Providers, or to submit a written notice, please email us at ChildCareAccounting@ymcaLA.org.
To apply for financial assistance, please download and complete the application form below. Once completed, please email the application to us at FA@ymcaLA.org.